The Christian Life includes taking care of your personal well-being (spiritually, emotionally and physically). Adult Ministries abound on the devotional life, sharing one’s faith, healthy Christian living and meaningful friendships. Discover ways adults can participate in growing and sharing experiences with individuals who will welcome you.
Sunday Morning Bible Study Groups
Sunday morning Bible studies begin at 9:15 a.m. Click here to see the variety of adult Bible studies offered.
Monday Bible Study
Every Monday at 11:30 am in the Fellowship Hall, a homemade lunch is served for $3.00 followed by a prayer time and Bible Study. The Bible Study is lead by a different person every month. No reservation is required.
Wednesday Small Groups
- Prayer Time–Pastor Greg Barr will be leading a time of sharing and prayer in the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 pm
- Do the Word: A Study of the Book of James-Glenn Williams will be facilitating a Bible study opportunity on the book of James on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30 pm in the Chapel beginning on August 29.
- Women Connect–This group provides conversation, support and Bible study for women of all ages. It is facilitated by Diane Taylor. They meet on Wednesday evenings in Room 221 at 6:30 pm.
- Sole to Soul–Sole to Soul is a weekly inter-generational group. Each session will begin with a short devotional and then our “soles” will take to the streets as walkers and runners to allow our “soul” to be filled through discussion, reflection, and relationships. The SMBC Lobby will be our starting place. This group will meet Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 pm from August 29-October 24.
- English Conversation Corner–Be a conversation partner to an international friend! Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 pm in the Grandview Room.
Pre-marital and Marriage Counseling is available through our partnership with the St. Matthews Pastoral Counseling Center. Many of the Ministers will handle their own counseling if they are the officiant.
Financial Peace University
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University is offered occasionally. If interested in a class, call the church office.