Discipleship happens intentionally. St. Matthews Baptist Church offers a myriad of opportunities for people of all ages to grow in their faith through learning and becoming more like Jesus. Following are lots of ways we can grow as individuals and as a community of faith.
Sunday Morning Bible Study Groups
Sunday Morning Bible Study groups begin at 9:15 a.m. We have 19 adult classes. Some are gender or age specific. All are designed to help one grow in Bible knowledge while also growing in friendship and faith with one another. Click here to find which group you would like to attend. ** DOWNLOAD CLASS LIST **
Monday Bible Study
People of all ages join together on Mondays at 11:30 in the Grandview Room for Monday Bible Study. The group enjoys a homemade lunch (cost $3.00), lively conversations, prayer time, and Bible Study. Everyone enjoys the Bible Study which is led by different teachers each month. No reservation is required. Come and enjoy!
Wednesday Small Groups
Different seasons of the year bring different small groups that meet on Wednesday evenings. The following list is what we are offering currently on Wednesdays.
- Prayer Time – Minister-led time of sharing and prayer in the Grandview Room at 6:00 p.m.
- Painting with Evie – Artists of all skill levels gather in the Craft Room from 5:45 – 7:15 to paint together and learn from one another. Supplies are provided. Instructional help is provided. And, best of all, encouragement and friendship are provided!
- English Conversation Class – Be a conversational partner with an international friend. 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the Grandview Room
- Women Connect – Providing conversation, support, and Bible study for women of all ages. Women Connect is facilitated by Diane Taylor. Room 221 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Prayer Room – Our Prayer Room is located off the Sanctuary Lobby. It is open anytime the Church Sanctuary is open. People are invited to come as an individual or bring a friend to pray together on Wednesdays from 6:30 – 7:30.
- Pilgrim’s Journey Groups – We have a couple of Pilgrim’s Journey Groups that meet on Wednesdays. More information below.
Men’s Pizza Lunch on Thursday
Men are invited to gather each Thursday at 11:15 a.m. for pizza lunch. Meeting weekly at MODS Pizza. Men eat together and then share and pray together concluding by 12:30 p.m.
Young Men’s Bible/Book Study Group
Young men gather weekly on Monday evenings throughout the year for Bible study or book studies. They meet in a member’s home and would welcome other young men to join them for Bible study and friendship. Contact the church office at 502-896-8882 for more information.
Young Women’s Bible Study Group
Young women gather weekly on Tuesday evenings throughout the year for Bible study. They meet in a member’s home and welcome other young women to join them for Bible study and friendship. Contact the church office at 502-896-8882 for more information.
Pilgrim’s Journey Groups
St. Matthews Baptist Church is committed to making more disciples and even more effective disciples. One important part of our discipleship-making efforts has been The Pilgrim’s Journey, which we created at SMBC. The Pilgrim’s Journey 1.0 is a nine-month, small group, discipleship experience designed to help us be more like Jesus in what we know, become, and do. We also added Pilgrim’s Journey 2.0, as a second year to further deepen this discipleship experience.
Here is a PowerPoint explaining more about The Pilgrim’s Journey. Click Here.