St. Matthews Baptist Church closely follows recommendations from public health officials and government officials in addressing the Coronavirus pandemic. Accordingly, since mid-March, we have held our Sunday worship services by streaming online. We cancelled all church meetings, ministries, and activities, other than ones involving 10 or fewer people at once where we can practice appropriate social distancing. Further, we closed our Weekday Preschool and Parents Day Out programs, though we have continued producing and sending materials to children in these programs and their families.
Despite these restrictions, we are committed to carrying out our mission of Loving and Leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus. To that end, our congregation and staff are working every day to be effective disciples of Jesus. Our church office is open Monday-Thursday from 8:30 am-4:30 pm, and you can also find the ministers’ email addresses and cell phone numbers on the church website. Also, we are still engaged in ministries, often in new and innovative ways.
We encourage our congregation and those who are looking for a church family to join with us in any of the following ways:
▪ Worship with us on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. through our online services at www.smbclouisville.org or on Facebook. (If you can’t join with us online at that time, go to ”Service Online” on our website to view previous worship services.)
▪ Participate in Bible study through the online instruction that some of our classes have embraced. (Contact Joyce Oliver at email@example.com for more information.)
▪ Watch our Daily Connect videos Monday-Saturday at 10:30 a.m. on our website or on the St. Matthews Baptist Church Facebook page for inspiration and information.
▪ Contact one of our staff if you would like to serve others though our new ministry initiative “Be the Church: GO DO” or other service opportunities.
▪ Pray with us at 6:18 a.m. or p.m. each day as we ask for God’s presence, comfort, and grace during these difficult times.
▪ Listen for our church bells at 10:00 a.m. daily and look for our green lights at night as we honor those whose lives, as well as those of their families and friends, have been affected by the virus.
▪ Give financially so we can maintain and grow our ministries by mailing or delivering your check to the church, by contributing online at www.smbclouisville.org/give, or by texting SMBCLOUISVILLE to #73256.
We ask our congregation to offer their time, talents, and resources in sacrificial ways to meet these challenges. We welcome anyone who wants to worship, learn, serve, pray, and give as part of a faith family. We are in this together, and we are not alone. Jesus said, “Behold, I am with you, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 (NIV) And so, we move forward together—united in purpose and love.
St. Matthews Baptist Church, 3515 Grandview Avenue, Louisville, KY 40207 502.896.8882