During this interim period while we are search for a new Senior Pastor, our Bylaws direct that decisions about holding worship services and opening our campus are the responsibility of the Pastor Relations Committee (PRC), comprised of Church members who are elected by the congregation. The PRC has decided that our Church will follow the directives and recommendations from government officials about whether we can hold our worship services and other meetings on campus.
We are committed to carrying out our mission of Loving and Leading people into a Growing relationship with Jesus despite any restrictions on our on-campus worship and meetings that may occur. To that end, our congregation and staff are working every day to be effective disciples of Jesus.
Our Church office is open Monday-Thursday from 8:30 am-4:30 pm, and you can find the minsters’ email addresses and cell phone numbers on the Church website. We are still engaged in many ministries, mission partnerships, and Bible study groups, as well as fellowship and outreach—often in new and innovative ways.
We encourage our congregation and those who are looking for a Church family to join with us in any of the following manners:
- Worship with us on Sundays at 10:30 am in person (unless we are directed or requested not to do so by government officials) or through our online services at www.smbclouisville.org or on Facebook. If you cannot join with us online at that time, go to “Service Online” on our website to view previous worship services.
- Participate in Bible study through the online instruction that many of our classes offer. (Contact Joyce Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
- Watch our Daily Connect videos Monday-Friday at 10:30 am on our website or on the St. Matthews Baptist Church Facebook page for inspiration and information.
- Contact one of our staff if you want to serve others through our ministry initiative “Be the Church: GO DO” or other service opportunities.
- Pray daily as we ask for God’s presence, comfort, and grace during these challenging days and especially remember our Church leaders, Church Profile Committee, and Pastor Search Committee.
- Listen for our Church bells at 10:00 am daily and look for our green lights at night as we honor those whose lives, as well as those their families and friends, have been affected by the virus.
- Give financially so we can maintain and grow our ministries by mailing or delivering your check to the Church, by contributing at www.smbclouisville.org/give, or by texting SMBC LOUISVILLE to #73256.
We ask our congregation to continue offering their time, talents, and resources in sacrificial ways to meet these challenges. We welcome anyone who wants to worship, learn, serve, pray, and give as part of a faith family. We are in this together, and we are not alone. Jesus said, “Behold, I am with you, even to the end of the age.” Matthews 28:20 (NIV) And so, we move forward on our journey together—united in purpose and love.
September 1, 2020